Dip, Dip, Dip...

Our latest buy, a grand looking dining table was in dire need of table mats and this need that saw me walking into a reputed home store in the city. I went in hoping to look, choose, pay and be out with my mats in about twenty minutes. But my! Have I ever been wrong in calculating time as I was on that day?

The array of products bewildered me, kitchen tools I have seen mostly in catalogues and had never thought were available here were all before me. There were cutters and knives of all kinds. Peelers in different shapes and patterns, sieves, corers, were all like candy to my eye. But what really got my creative juices flowing was the humble garlic press. I call it humble but it is the epitome of my gourmet world…. (I find the flavour of garlic an absolute, to promote any food.)

Geared, with my newly acquired culinary weapon I made a dip and served it with potato wafers. The combination of the chip and dip was heavenly and can be made in a jiffy especially when there are impromptu guests.

If you are a wee bit more conscious of the health quotient in a meal you may try the dip with carrot and cucumber sticks.

Put 2 cloves of garlic in the press and crush them well (chopping them up extra fine and then crushing them down with the back of a spoon would also work well..just in case!)
Add some chilly flakes to the crushed garlic 
Add half a teaspoon of finely chopped fresh basil leaves 
Mix in 2 tablespoon of finely chopped tomato (leave the pulp out; just use the flesh)
Add half a teacup of thick curd and a tablespoon of fresh cream
Season with salt
Fold all of the above together and refrigerate, till use. 

Dip in with whatever u have or may please to have...preferably in front of the TV... and have a treat time!!


Comments

Dakshina said…
your writings are awsomeand are very very well written.you should start writing story books for children.i loooooooove you mommy

Popular posts from this blog

My tryst with the Momo

Ma Cher Chef! & his Asian Magic!!

Mango mania