A Quick Whisk Dessert


I am really bad at keeping in touch. Don’t get me wrong! I am very much a socially active person, but I just can’t seem to pick up the phone, call friends I haven’t met for a while and say “How’s life?”, but when I do meet them, however long the gap has been I warm up and connect real fast.
These days I’m trying to reform myself and do the ‘keep in touch’ act. It was during this process yesterday that I got invited out to an impromptu lunch. My friend had a couple of other friends/ house guests and she urged me to go over. And me having nothing much to do, was easily won.

Ms friend has a beautifully kept home and an equally beautiful kitchen, fully equipped, and me being that I am, this is where I spend most of my time whenever I visit her.I walked into her in the midst of cooking, giving instructions to her cleaning maid, speaking to her daughter on the phone and in between checking on the refrigerator as to what to do for dessert. Since this is what most 21st century homemakers, including me, seem to be doing most of their time it didn’t look too Herculean to me. Nevertheless I offered to help and she very happily handed over the dessert to my making.

So I rummaged in her refrigerator and extracted some luscious looking strawberries and a packet of fresh cream. Strawberries are a very versatile fruit. I find them everywhere, in cakes, pies, ice cream of course, adding colour to salads, as flavour in medicines, as fragrance in toiletries and even as an anti ageing element in cosmetics.

This one’s a quick whisk dessert and my daughter loves it (If little ones are eating, please go slow on the vodka!)


Wash, clean and de stalk 1 bowl of fresh strawberries.
 Keep the small ones whole and really large ones may be cut into two
 Place it in any serving bowl of your choice (a clear bowl would be ideal) and add to it three tablespoons of vodka
 Boil together 1 tea cup of sugar with two of water till its syrupy
 Add a teaspoon of vinegar to the syrup when just of the fire.
 Pour the hot syrup over the strawberries, cling wrap the bowl and leave for a while on the kitchen counter.
 When the berries in syrup are no more hot pop it into the freezer for a quick chill.
 Whip up 2 teacups of cream 
Add 2 table spoons of icing sugar and 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence and continue whipping until the cream is thick and lifts up like foam and refrigerate. 
 Serve the chilled vodka strawberries in a bowl, spoon some of the syrup over and top it with sweet vanilla scented cream.

It is quick and simple to make, so go ahead and bowl over your family!Until next time.....take care!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My tryst with the Momo

Ma Cher Chef! & his Asian Magic!!

Mango mania