Egg n Coconut Concoction

The title of this blog was born out a telephone call between me and my aunt a couple of weeks ago. I have been wanting to put it down since then but the though kind of shifted to back of my mind only to resurface today. She wanted to know if she could do something with eggs for an eggetarian lunch party. I kept rolling out a couple of standard egg dishes but she kept ruling them out. Finally out of sheer desperation to get ahead in our telecon I blurted out "how about that egg n coconut concoction" and she was thrilled. Thankfully the call ended and I got on with my life. But my 10 year old suddenly pounced on me and demanded that I make the egg n coconut concoction for him. I wondered why and soon was rewarded with an answer..."you never make different desserts"...this is not a dessert,..it is as spicy as you want to make it.


Boil four eggs to perfection....( perfection is indicated by a clear white and a well formed but soft yolk)
Grind to a coarse paste four table spoons of grated coconut along with an inch of ginger, couple of green chilies, a pinch of turmeric and a teaspoon of chilly powder and salt to taste.
Heat oil add cumin seeds, and one crushed garlic.
On a slow flame add the ground coconut mix and place the eggs cut lengthwise over.
Add quarters of a tomato and a couple of curry leaves 
Allow for the concoction to simmer on a slow flame till it coats over the eggs


Serve with rice or bread of your choice ... 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mango mania

My tryst with the Momo

Lamb for a lazy sunday afternoon lunch